- What is the most dangerous city in Thailand?
- What parts of Thailand are dangerous?
- Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Thailand?
- Is street food safe in Thailand?
- Why is Bangkok so dangerous?
- Can you wear shorts in Thailand?
- What should I avoid in Thailand?
- Are guns legal in Thailand?
- What is the best city to stay in Thailand?
What is the most dangerous city in Thailand?
BangkokBangkok, along with other Coconuts cities including Yangon, Manila, and Jakarta, has been named amongst the most dangerous cities in the world to live in — it ranked near the bottom of the Safe Cities Index by magazine The Economist..
What parts of Thailand are dangerous?
According to the U.S. Department of State, the areas to avoid in Thailand right now are the Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, and Songkhla provinces. Those provinces cover the southern tip of Thailand, and they’re currently awash in ethnic and racial conflicts. So, it’s not cool or hipster to get caught in a violent protest.
Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Thailand?
The tap water in Thailand is safe for showering & brushing teeth.
Is street food safe in Thailand?
Contrary to popular belief, though, street food in Thailand (and many other countries) is no riskier than restaurants. When you eat on the street, you’re more likely to be served fresh food and to get to see it being prepared, both of which go a long way toward keeping you healthy.
Why is Bangkok so dangerous?
Bangkok crime is elevated in crowded tourist destinations like Khao San Road, where pickpocketing and petty theft are common. However, police are attempting to crack down on such crimes, according to the Bangkok Post.
Can you wear shorts in Thailand?
DO: Short skirts and shorts are ok to wear. Be sure to wear comfortable flat shoes and shirts that cover your shoulders. Thailand is hot, sunny, and humid! … But before you go tossing in any ol’ sleeveless or see-through shirt and those booty shorts in your suitcase, here are some tasteful suggestions.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stayAvoid: Khao San Road. … Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. … Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. … Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. … Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.More items…•
Are guns legal in Thailand?
Owning a firearm in the Southeast Asian country has been legal since 1947. … And the Act Controlling Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, Fireworks and Imitation of Firearms only allows for people to obtain licenses to own guns for purposes of self-defense, protection of property, sports or hunting.
What is the best city to stay in Thailand?
Plan your travels with our list of the best cities in Thailand.Bangkok. Night view of Bangkok. … Ayutthaya. Wat Chaiwatthanaram at sunset in Ayuttthaya. … Chiang Mai. Doi Inthanon National Park. … Hua Hin. Coconut palms on the beach at Hua Hin. … Phuket. James Bond Island in Phang Nga Bay near Phuket. … Pattaya. … Kanchanaburi. … Krabi Town.More items…•